Thursday, January 22, 2009

Jasoh


While on the subject of good places to eat, let's talk Jasoh. Jasoh is a wonderful place in Ogden, in fact, on of my very favorite restaurants. It's on the pricey side, but it is worth it. They make a baked brie which they drizzle with maple syrup and pecans. Divine. Cranberry chutney is still my favorite baked brie crown, but maple is close up there. Sooo good. Also, though it's probably not on the menu anymore, I had this superb crispy mango duckling. I was beaming as I ate this. I have never had duck cooked so perfectly (it's easy to dry out) but it was roasted to perfection, falling of the bone, and the sweatness of the mango...oh man. I also had a great seafood stew there. Aren't scallops nice, I mean, really? What a sweat tender meat when done right. Duck is really perfect when paired with something sweet (but what isn't?). I once had a good duck salad at Gretchen's at the Sun Valley Lodge, which had orange in it. That was good too. I strugled to finish it though because it was the first time I'd eaten duck, and there were really cute one's just outside.

3 comments:

Alicia said...

That is hilarious. I can picture you picturing the cute duckies outside while trying to eat duck in Sun Valley. I don't like ducks (the outside ones) because I think they are gross and have dirty feet and feathers. I haven't tried the eating ones kind.

GeNee said...

I wanted to have a mango drink there, but I forgot. I don't like the brie and the maple syrup or duck. No thanks!

Jacquelyn Sherry said...

Well there are many places you can have a mango lassi. I could even make you one.