Can I tell you that I couldn't possibly be happier that gelato places keep popping up. Provo is littered with frozen yogurt places (like one per every coffee shop that would be in any other town), and don't get me wrong, I love yogurt in about every which way you could serve it, but there's something about gelato that is extra special. So this gelato place is called Maestro's Gelato Cafe. It's got a cute little atmosphere, I'm pretty sure that the art work inside it was student work that was hanging in the H-FAC last semester. It's cozy/chic. My roommate threatened me that if I ordered chocolate hazelnut, she'd made me go to Spoon Me (the frozen yogurt place that made me so angry with their loud music that I cried) every day this week, so instead I ordered some sort of citrus gelato with a predominant grapefruit flavor, and mascarpone gelato. Wow. Two of my favorite flavors--grapefruit and cheese. It hardly gets any better. I do love choclate hazelnut gelato though. It's always my conundrum at a gelato shop. There are so many beautiful enticing flavors, but sometimes it's hard not to pick a tried and true comfort food of so many years. On a side note, I'm wondering if I'm allergic to Braeburn apples, my soft palate was stinging in a wierd way as I was eating one, but I'm fine now. Odd.
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Maesto's Gelato Cafe
Can I tell you that I couldn't possibly be happier that gelato places keep popping up. Provo is littered with frozen yogurt places (like one per every coffee shop that would be in any other town), and don't get me wrong, I love yogurt in about every which way you could serve it, but there's something about gelato that is extra special. So this gelato place is called Maestro's Gelato Cafe. It's got a cute little atmosphere, I'm pretty sure that the art work inside it was student work that was hanging in the H-FAC last semester. It's cozy/chic. My roommate threatened me that if I ordered chocolate hazelnut, she'd made me go to Spoon Me (the frozen yogurt place that made me so angry with their loud music that I cried) every day this week, so instead I ordered some sort of citrus gelato with a predominant grapefruit flavor, and mascarpone gelato. Wow. Two of my favorite flavors--grapefruit and cheese. It hardly gets any better. I do love choclate hazelnut gelato though. It's always my conundrum at a gelato shop. There are so many beautiful enticing flavors, but sometimes it's hard not to pick a tried and true comfort food of so many years. On a side note, I'm wondering if I'm allergic to Braeburn apples, my soft palate was stinging in a wierd way as I was eating one, but I'm fine now. Odd.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Where is this place? It looks awesome! I'd love to eat some gelato. In fact, I'm hitting the freezer for some ice cream right now because I'm so inspired by your post and I got none gelato! ;-(
I think it's on center street in Provo.
There's also a gelato place in Bountiful that's really good, but I couldn't find a picture of it.
I love gelato! We will have to go some time. Maybe we can do something fun before your done with school.
Post a Comment