Friday, April 24, 2009

The Joys of Plain Nonfat Yogurt!


Plain yogurt is a wonderful canvas. It goes well with so many things, having a distinct, but creamy tanginess to it. Today I made mango lassi. I didn't get a picture because I slurped it down too fast. There are different recipes floating around all over the internet, but it basically consists of plain yogurt, milk, mango, and some sugar or honey. You can add a little salt or cardamom if you like, or ginger. I have no cardamom (alas!) but I loved the ginger in it. I love ginger in something sweet. Sometimes I like my desserts to have a little kick. I like to add ginger to lemon cake. In fact...I think my ginger lemon cake also has yogurt in it haha. Good times! Anway, I also discovered today that I like plain yogurt on triscuits. I don't much care for plain yogurt or plain triscuits, but together....Mhm.

2 comments:

JAW said...

you have. I wonder. palate.

GeNee said...

Sounds good.