After Mommy got back from a funeral and I got back from a bridal shower, she and I went out on the town. We started off by getting breakfast at my favorite breakfast join, Blue Plate Diner. Mm tasty, but as a warning, they only serve my favorite thing on Fridays--a salmon, shrimp, avacado, harvati fritata. You should go, and you should go on Friday. It won best breakfast for three years in a row, and there's a reason for it. I'd also recommend sitting outside on the patio in their colorful chairs. It's so nice (and it's loud inside because it's packed because it's everyone else's favorite breakfast joint too). Then we went to string beads, a bead store that I used to frequent with my sister. Afterwards we were headed home when we spied Tulie. I remember reading about it on this blog that shows me some of the great things the state has to offer. I wasn't disapointed. Tulie is a bakery that now inhabits the space where XOCOLATE used to reside. I sure will miss XOCOLATE. They had the nicest aztec hot cocoa. However, this bakery is a nice new addition to the town with beautiful pastries and really good bread pudding, which is what I'm actually enjoying right now. We also tried the almond cream and berry tart, and the lemon tart. The lemon tart is really, and I mean REALLY good. After that we went to Details, and the Children's Hour. Man, I can't shop at the children's hour, because I get jelous of all the little children, and how they get to wear such cute clothes, and all the adult stuff is so boring. There was an oililly skirt there that I had my heart set on, unfortunately, I could probably only fit one leg in it. Bummer. So after that we decided to hit up the Kaysville Theater. It must have been a while since mom's been because she doesn't remember the clip that they show before the movie, where the messy guy steps in his own gum and the whole theater resonates with the "EWWWW!!!" that is cried from every expeirenced Kaysville theater goer. We saw Bride Wars. it was dumb, but hey, it was mildly entertaining, and it was either that or Marley and Me. I can't see Marley and Me again because I'm such a dog lover, and my dog died several years ago, and I'm still rather tender about it. Fun day. Made it hard to drive back to Provo.
Sunday, March 22, 2009
Out on the Town With Mommy
After Mommy got back from a funeral and I got back from a bridal shower, she and I went out on the town. We started off by getting breakfast at my favorite breakfast join, Blue Plate Diner. Mm tasty, but as a warning, they only serve my favorite thing on Fridays--a salmon, shrimp, avacado, harvati fritata. You should go, and you should go on Friday. It won best breakfast for three years in a row, and there's a reason for it. I'd also recommend sitting outside on the patio in their colorful chairs. It's so nice (and it's loud inside because it's packed because it's everyone else's favorite breakfast joint too). Then we went to string beads, a bead store that I used to frequent with my sister. Afterwards we were headed home when we spied Tulie. I remember reading about it on this blog that shows me some of the great things the state has to offer. I wasn't disapointed. Tulie is a bakery that now inhabits the space where XOCOLATE used to reside. I sure will miss XOCOLATE. They had the nicest aztec hot cocoa. However, this bakery is a nice new addition to the town with beautiful pastries and really good bread pudding, which is what I'm actually enjoying right now. We also tried the almond cream and berry tart, and the lemon tart. The lemon tart is really, and I mean REALLY good. After that we went to Details, and the Children's Hour. Man, I can't shop at the children's hour, because I get jelous of all the little children, and how they get to wear such cute clothes, and all the adult stuff is so boring. There was an oililly skirt there that I had my heart set on, unfortunately, I could probably only fit one leg in it. Bummer. So after that we decided to hit up the Kaysville Theater. It must have been a while since mom's been because she doesn't remember the clip that they show before the movie, where the messy guy steps in his own gum and the whole theater resonates with the "EWWWW!!!" that is cried from every expeirenced Kaysville theater goer. We saw Bride Wars. it was dumb, but hey, it was mildly entertaining, and it was either that or Marley and Me. I can't see Marley and Me again because I'm such a dog lover, and my dog died several years ago, and I'm still rather tender about it. Fun day. Made it hard to drive back to Provo.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Haha yeah, I knew Bride Wars wasn't gonna be your favorite. But it's always nice to have mommy time!
I knew it wasn't gonna be my fav either, but I just wanted to relax, and I didn't have to think very hard. I loved some of the hair dos and outfits. It was all good :)
Post a Comment