Sunday, March 15, 2009

Danish Kringle

I decided to celebrate my heritage today and make a Danish Kringle. It sure smells good. It has a pecan filling. Next time, I will definitely try the braiding technique and use a different recipe. This recipe confused me, which resulted in a ridiculously huge kringle which leaked butter and sugar all over the place. However, when it leaked all over the place it ended up caramelizing and creating an unexpected tasty treat! The dough is very very soft. Nice pastry. Hopefully next time, less messy. My apologies that I absolutely cannot get the underline to go away.

2 comments:

GeNee said...

That looks so good! I wish I was there to eat some of it. Did your roommates have a taste!

Alicia said...

That looks so good. Wish mom and I were there together eating that kringle with you. You are such an amazing cook. You are really like that guy on "No Reservations" who sings Opera and cooks. Awesome!