My dear sister Alicia made a wonderful suggestion to have more lists of 'Things That Must Stay'. Why not focus on the positive? What a brilliant idea. In fact, I think I'd like to start making a list each week. Grilled muenster sandwiches most definitely make the list this week. I had an ooey gooey one for lunch today, and it was delightful. Other things that must stay are gorgeous campuses that are meticulously cared for, with buildings that are works of art in and of themselves. Bell towers (although I'm not sure the repertoire of the particular bell tower I'm thinking of necessarily MUST stay), and wheat bread must stay. I just love wheat bread. Not even a particular brand, but it just has such a great flavor and smell that isn't available in many white breads. The Gospel must stay (and it will). It's been a great week. Pretty colors must stay. Anticipation for yearly traditions must stay. Yearly traditions must stay. Family togetherness must stay. Familiar faces and kind words must stay. Puccini must stay (alright, so I know he's gone, but his music must definitely stay). Cell phones must stay. Letters, mountains, small pastry shops must stay. Czech crystal, Neutrogena, pretty shoes must stay. I'd continue on, but I actually must go.
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Things That Must Stay
My dear sister Alicia made a wonderful suggestion to have more lists of 'Things That Must Stay'. Why not focus on the positive? What a brilliant idea. In fact, I think I'd like to start making a list each week. Grilled muenster sandwiches most definitely make the list this week. I had an ooey gooey one for lunch today, and it was delightful. Other things that must stay are gorgeous campuses that are meticulously cared for, with buildings that are works of art in and of themselves. Bell towers (although I'm not sure the repertoire of the particular bell tower I'm thinking of necessarily MUST stay), and wheat bread must stay. I just love wheat bread. Not even a particular brand, but it just has such a great flavor and smell that isn't available in many white breads. The Gospel must stay (and it will). It's been a great week. Pretty colors must stay. Anticipation for yearly traditions must stay. Yearly traditions must stay. Family togetherness must stay. Familiar faces and kind words must stay. Puccini must stay (alright, so I know he's gone, but his music must definitely stay). Cell phones must stay. Letters, mountains, small pastry shops must stay. Czech crystal, Neutrogena, pretty shoes must stay. I'd continue on, but I actually must go.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I think it's hilarious that one of the first things on your list (even before the Gospel) is grilled muenster. Lol. Just teasing, I know it was in no particular order. Did I spell muenster right? Blarrrrg. I don't know my stinky cheese. But I'm pretty sure that muenster is not that stinky. Another cheese that is not that stinky is the American Easy Cheese to put on the Ritz Crackers. Hated it up until now, but being pregnant does STRANGE things to your culinary habits. Chef Bourardi (that's another tough one to spell for the English teacher) was my dinner last night topped with easy cheese on crackers. I loved it. Wouldn't have dreamed of eating it though prior to kid in pouch.
Post a Comment