When asked what my favorite food is, my usual reply is baked brie with cranberry chutney on crackers. Delectable. When I go to Cedar City, I like to go to the Garden House. It's a great little restaurant that used to be a house. The decor and the garden create a beautiful balance between the old and the new, and the jazz music only adds to the fun. This time, I got to sit outside, and it felt straight out of a fairy tale. They take a good sized wedge of brie, wrap it in filo dough, and bake it. They're cranberry chutney is wonderful. It has a spice in it that I can't quite pinpoint. It has a distinct, clean refreshing flavor, but I can't quite tell what it is. The tangy zing and sweetness of the cranberries balances perfectly with the mellow, creamy, slightly bitter cheese. They serve this with a side of fresh seasonal fruit, which this time, happened to be melons and pineapple. It's so good.
Saturday, August 23, 2008
Wouldn't it be nice?
When asked what my favorite food is, my usual reply is baked brie with cranberry chutney on crackers. Delectable. When I go to Cedar City, I like to go to the Garden House. It's a great little restaurant that used to be a house. The decor and the garden create a beautiful balance between the old and the new, and the jazz music only adds to the fun. This time, I got to sit outside, and it felt straight out of a fairy tale. They take a good sized wedge of brie, wrap it in filo dough, and bake it. They're cranberry chutney is wonderful. It has a spice in it that I can't quite pinpoint. It has a distinct, clean refreshing flavor, but I can't quite tell what it is. The tangy zing and sweetness of the cranberries balances perfectly with the mellow, creamy, slightly bitter cheese. They serve this with a side of fresh seasonal fruit, which this time, happened to be melons and pineapple. It's so good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
When you come back to Idaho Falls area there is a nummy but expensive resturant called Rutabega's. I had this delicious pork chop and plum chutney like 2 days after I read your blog. So thanks for helping me know what a chutney is.
did you ever see my recipe for baked brie with raspberry jam, raspberries, rosemary and black pepper? you would like it fo' sho'!
Wha?! No i di'n't see yo' recipe, but I'ma hafta check it out! izit on yo' blog?
Post a Comment