Monday, August 18, 2008

HEROES




Now, I prefer pics in my blog to have more bright colors than this, and frankly I'm not in on camo, but these people need to be honored, and there is nothing more beautiful than honorable people who believe in something. Who, with bravery and duty, fight for it with all the fighting in them. These are our heroes. What you see here is what is called the "largest re-enlistment ceremony ever held in military history" held on Friday, July 4, 2008 at Al Faw Palace, (former palace of Saddam Hussein), in Baghdad, Iraq. A Chicago pizzeria donated 2000 pizzas that were prepared by volunteers for this event. I'm truly touched to hear of this event, and am so grateful for the many men and women that protect me and my country and the rights that we enjoy.

4 comments:

GeNee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
GeNee said...

That is a great picture. I hope they can soon come home to their families. I liked what you said though.

love.boxes said...

Dad was so right.. not a mention of this on the evening news... not that I saw! Amazing!

Michelle said...

What a fun blog you have! I grew up with Tif, in the third ward. I adore her blog, and now yours too!