

My first experience with quinoa (pronounced keen-wa)! Actually don't love it. It's super good for you though. Lots of fiber and all the amino acids you could ask for. I keep trying to find grains that I like that will be healthier for me than a nice bowl of sticky white rice, and it doesn't hurt if it cooks faster, but still, as far as texture and flavor goes, nothing can hold a candle to white rice. It's time for me to try the brown rice that Tiff suggests because, I'm not happy with the kind I've been using. On top of the quinoa is the
Balti Butter Chicken that Jenni suggested, which I liked so much I made again, this time using half the butter and adding a whole bunch of veggies. Mmm tasty. I also made instant pudding for the first time. Texture is gelatinous, which is my kinda gross, but I wanted something sweet, fast, and it doesn't get much faster than instant!
2 comments:
Try Texmati Long Grain American Basmati Rice. It's white, and very sticky and delicious. Basmati has a milder effect on blood sugar than other white rice, and about 20 calories less per serving than Jasmine (the King of white rice) has. But yes, white rice is not leaving my kitchen no matter how bad it is for me. I'd rather not eat ice cream. Really. I almost NEVER buy ice cream, but I always have Basmati rice available.
wow, great picture...
It's white, and very sticky and delicious. ..
___________________
Melvin
Get Payday Loan in 4 easy steps
Post a Comment