Thursday, March 12, 2009

Lucia di Lammermoor

Lucia di Lammermoor was so fun, it was such a nice break from the drama of all the tests I've been taking. I much prefer the drama of the Opera! This opera was a blast. It was kind of like smooshing together Romeo and Juliet, Macbeth, and some great music. I was really impressed with Anna Netrebko (seen above) and her mad scene. He acting was wonderful and her voice was so pure and so clean. It was light and forward and wonderful. She helped me understand what a soprano really ought to be. She also just had a baby, and I was amazed at how well she performed, and with what she said in regard to motherhood. The interviewer had asked her how she thought being a mother would affect her carreer, and she said something to the effect that she had more important things in her life now. Something like that. She's awesome. Her mad scene was so powerful, it was wonderfully creepy.

3 comments:

Launa said...

I totally was just studying those operas! Not in depth or anything. More like the professor mentioned them in passing and we had to recognize music from them haha but whatever. The mad scene aria is freakin incred though. That takes some serious skill.

Jacquelyn Sherry said...

Foh shizzle it does, and she had just had a baby 3 months prior. That's amazing!

Alicia said...

I like this opera. Great scene, too. I'm glad you liked the soprano.