Saturday, March 14, 2009

Lemon Chicken and Cinnabon Clones


I was so pleased with myself over this lemon chicken. I think it's even better than the lemon chicken I get at Chinese restaurants. It's in the sauce. The homemade sauce tests less like syrup and more like a sauce. It's sweet, but its sweetened by honey. It's got tang to it and nice garlic flavor. Mine was also a darker color which I like. I prefer a light orange to a bright yellow. I was rather nervous while frying the chicken. I realized just prior to doing so that I don't have a fire extinguisher, and oil...well it can catch on fire. It also makes frightening popping noises. Yikes. I probably looked ridiculous taking refuge in front of the fridge, only venturing forth from my barricade to turn the chicken. It turned out perfectly though. Perfectly crispy on the outside and tender and juicy on the inside and I didn't burn the house down. I sure love my digital probe thermomiter. That recipe is for sure a keeper. Then I made these cinnamon rolls, but they're supposed to be like Cinnabon rolls that I always smell in the airport.... I think I'd do better to just smell them and not eat them. The frosting is so creamy and wonderful, but it makes me sick. Even the roll minus the frosting makes me a little sick, though less so. I gave most of these away.

6 comments:

GeNee said...

Those cinnamon rolls look delicious. Where is the recipe for them? I forgot.

Jacquelyn Sherry said...

the recipe is on allrecipes.com

Jacquelyn Sherry said...

or you can click just click on the hyperlink

Alicia said...

You are such a good cook!!! What is your deal? How come I didn't get any of these culinary skills in my genes? You are a gorgeous, opera-singing, culinary queen!

Jenni said...

where is the recipe for the lemon chicken??

JAW said...

YEAH! what about the recipe for the Lemon Chicken!? P.S. you should learn how to make BiBimBop. It's one of my fav's.