Thursday, February 5, 2009

Honey-Spiced Chicken With Orange Sauce

First of all, I think that someone should explain to me this wooden utensil for honey...I'm seein' the stuff as just getting stuck and unpleasant in the grooves of that thing, plus wood is not my fav as far as cleaning goes...particularly when sticky. Maybe I should ask my uncle about that huh?

Anyway, I wanted to give you another taste of my Betty Crocker's New International Cookbook, which is a wonderful resource and pretty much makes me giddy with glee as I open it and immediately find something that I most definitely want to cook. It's even got Danish recipes...and get this...a Danish pickle recipe. Yep, this is definitely the book for me.

So I made this Honey-Spiced Chicken with Orange Sauce, an Israeli dish including honey, lemon, orange,paprika and ginger...some stellar flavors that go excellently together, and combine it with chicken and tons of onions. One of the coolest things about this dish is the gravy. Because I just used chicken breast that I sauteed beforehand, there really wasn't much fat going on with the chicken, so when I made the gravy, it was mostly comprised of juices (like from the fruit and onions), spices, honey. Totally healthful, totally awesome. Cornstarch just might be one of my new best friends.

No comments: