Thursday, December 11, 2008

*Sigh...*

So the local creamery (no prizes for guessing which one) makes their own cheese. I haven't had it yet, but any cheese that fresh, that close...it's gotta be good, right? Well, said creamery has its own grill as well. Are you thinking what I'm thinking? Grilled cheese!!! The creamery is kiddie corner from the building that houses the Psych and Speech Pathology clinics, and I had about 15 minutes and an empty belly, so I went across the street and ordered myself a sandwhich. What kind of cheese do you think they used? That's right, putrid, plastic, processed cheese, that's what. WHY?! That's what I asked myself as I ate it in all of it's smelly, sub-par state of being. Why would you purchase such substance, when you make your own?! The bread was gross too. I thought I would buy some cheese curds to console myself, but they only had a variety pack of cheese cubes available. I DON'T WANT MY CHEESE BACON FLAVORED! *sigh...* Don't worry about me though, I will be ok. I made my own grilled cheese sandwich on my trusty George Forman grill in a pita with muenster and turkey and it, well...they, I made several, and they made me feel better, and I intend to have another for lunch! You can't have enough cheese (or chocolate) during finals week. Although, actually you can, I think I gained like 5 pounds in the last two or three weeks of fall semester last year. I'm doing all in my power to refrain from even opening the bag of chocolate chips...

3 comments:

love.boxes said...

Seriously American Cheese... yuck! I can't believe they did that!

Launa said...

oh man i feel ya. I'm pretty sure I've gained like 5 pounds since I've been able to eat real food again. boo.

GeNee said...

Sounds like you are going to be such a good cook you will not be satisfied with they creamery.