I found the most wonderful thing! There's a farmer's market of sorts...but it's actually in a building and it's open all year round! It gets great produce, and it's really cheap! Plus, their weekly adds overlap on Wednesday's, so you get double savings when you shop then! They also have a huge cheese selection! I was so excited when I got in there, oh man. Grapefruit was 10 for $1. Amazing. It's called Sunflower Market, and there's also one in Murry if you're ever in town. So when I got home from that I made this Thai Green Curry Chicken and let me tell you, I love allrecipes.com. It's pretty much got every recipe I need (usually many different versions), with lots of friendly reviewers that tell you which recipes are the best andwhat to do to improve any of the recipes. It also has nutritional information, so it's pretty much my favorite. I haven't turned away from foodtv.com, don't you worry, but for my everyday needs allrecipes.com is the best. Thanks Jenni, for showing me the real deal. Oh, while I'm on the topic of things that must stay--low fat coconut milk. Way to go people. Still the great flavor and silky smoothness, like half the fat and calories. Whoo-hoo! So anyway, as I was making this curry, I remembered that last time I made a green curry, it just didn't quite have the kick I was going for. I don't love really spicey food, but sometimes I want just a little excitement, maybe enought to clear out my obnoxious sinuses. I happened to have a few chilis from my dad's lovely garden, so I thought I'd chop one up and drop it in. Before I did so, I though "I should use gloves," but I didn't have any, and last time I tried to find them at the supermarket I was unsuccessful, I didn't want to borrow my roommate to ask if I could use hers, and I figured that it wasn't like it was a habanero or anything, what harm could it do? I'd be fine.... Most definitely not fine! I got capsaicin burn so bad! I washed my hands in the hottest water I could stand (which was tepid haha) and scrubbed and scrub with grease cutting dish soap! I tried lime juice, I even went to the extreme and cleaned the shower with a harsh bleach cleaner, and still--I couldn't get the chili oil out of my fingers! So I ran over to the drug store and got some aloe vera, and with repeated applications and more hand washing, the burning was finally alleviated. Whew! So basically, it was hard to enjoy the curry that night. However, the next night when my hands weren't hogging all the attention, I enjoyed a very lovely, delicious, green curry. Good stuff.



1 comment:
Thanks for the warning with the hot chili pepper. Who would know it could cause such a problem. Your quite the cook.
Post a Comment