
Well yesterday I made "Zucchini 'Crab' Cakes." They, of course, tasted absolutely nothing like crab. They were kind of like a combination between a crab cake, Grandpa Stephen's stuffing, and what I imagine a latke(sp?) would be like. I liked 'em though. Anything that somewhat resembles Grandpa's stuffing has got to be good, right? And I love Old Bay seasoning, and am so happy to finally be the proud owner of my very own can. Today I made Greek-Style Stuffed Peppers which were lovely. It's a very interesting taste combo, but I liked it. Basically anything with raisins, pine nuts, and feta has got to be good. I love feta oh so much.
I also went to visit the doctor. I don't like to visit the doctor when I have sore throats, because they're never able to help unless it's strep...which it never is...but since my nasal and throat issues have persisted for a month, it was time to check it out. So I went and got your typical throat swab and went to the lab to wait for the results while watching Monster's Inc. When the nurse called me over to tell me the results, he had me sit in the "comfy" chair, which had an odd arm rest on it...I saw what he was up to, he was about to take my blood! "Wait, I'm just waiting for results from a culture," I said with detectable rising panic in my voice. I'd never had my blood drawn before. It wasn't bad at all. Anyway I've got some crafty virus that has apparently gotten into my bone marrow and decreased my white blood cell count--hence the fact that I'm stuck in an eternal cold! It also means that I'm slightly anemic, which is lame. So now I'm taking a multi-vitamin (I checked to make sure this one had iron) and some wierd herbal thing that's supposed to boost my immune system. I hope it works. At least I now know that I'm not allergic to dandilions or ragweed (at least when ingested).



2 comments:
Icky. I'm sorry, that is no fun to be stuck with a never-ending cold. But I'm glad its nothing worse :) Those Greek peppers sound AMAZING but I'm not ambitious enough to try making them. Maybe next year...
I love those pepper things. Mom used to make those all the time.
Post a Comment