Walking to school is an adventure, but actually, now that I think about it, so is walking home. On the way to school there is a row of sprinklers that never fails to be on. The heads rotate at different rates, so if you aren't watchful and quick at stopping and starting at the right times, you will inevitably get wet. I lost the first battle, but I'm getting much better. At school there are appropriate signs on some of the greens that read, "I'm trying really hard to grow, so please don't walk on me" or something to that effect. Do you ever feel the same way? I do sometimes. Walking home can be more sprinkler dodging, which probably ought to be an Olympic sport and would probably be something Tyler would enjoy. Sometimes walking home is grasshopper dodging. That only happened once, and there were only two...I think, but they sure can jump high and fast and two grasshoppers is probably an overload for one walk. Hopefully we wont need to hail in the seagulls to come and bail us out again.
Friday, September 5, 2008
Walking to School
Walking to school is an adventure, but actually, now that I think about it, so is walking home. On the way to school there is a row of sprinklers that never fails to be on. The heads rotate at different rates, so if you aren't watchful and quick at stopping and starting at the right times, you will inevitably get wet. I lost the first battle, but I'm getting much better. At school there are appropriate signs on some of the greens that read, "I'm trying really hard to grow, so please don't walk on me" or something to that effect. Do you ever feel the same way? I do sometimes. Walking home can be more sprinkler dodging, which probably ought to be an Olympic sport and would probably be something Tyler would enjoy. Sometimes walking home is grasshopper dodging. That only happened once, and there were only two...I think, but they sure can jump high and fast and two grasshoppers is probably an overload for one walk. Hopefully we wont need to hail in the seagulls to come and bail us out again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Just remember, "Cougars Don't Cut Corners!"
Great blog, Jackie. Love it!
Whatcha talking about? Tyler already does the olympic sport of sprinkler dodging! It's cool that you're getting into that these days. Maybe I'll just have to take it up so I don't feel left out....
Post a Comment